According to my files, I started knitting this vest in 2009. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and a US #6 and stitched it up super fast. It has been sitting around since then. There was always something wrong with it: the back flared out, the peter pan collar stuck out, the buttons (are still) a little too small.
As I’ve mentioned before, I have been trying to scale down my life to the things I feel enhance my experience rather than clutter up everything. I found this little gem among the rubble and decided to do something about it.
To curb the flaring, I crocheted a small edge on the inside to pull it in a little. I love the leaf panel and everything about this vest. I have the notes on it somewhere but I am not sure 23 year old me can decipher what 20 year old me kept note of. I hope I can replicate this again and again.
I eliminated my button problems by removing the top button most prone to slipping. This ended up creating a really neat key-hole effect. My grandmother gave me the owl pin and I have been rocking it ever since.
Shoutouts to my girls Ally and Morgan for helping me shoot this one!